Ales Zivkovic, MSc, PTSTA(P), CTA(P) is an experienced psychotherapist (registered with UKCP), counsellor, supervisor, and trainer. Currently, he runs his private psychotherapy and counselling practice in Central London (Marylebone W1G & Mayfair W1K) and supports his clients internationally online. He also provides clinical supervision, professional consultation, psychotherapy training and is active as an organisational consultant.
As a PhD candidate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, he is researching psychotherapeutic treatment of personality disorders and other personality functioning issues. Ales holds an MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy. He is a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) – PTSTA(P) and a Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) – CTA(P). He also holds a Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling.
As a trainer, Ales is currently involved as a co-tutor of the exam group (final year of advanced clinical psychotherapy training) at The Berne Institute in Nottingham, UK. He is also engaged as a trainer and lecturer internationally and as a visiting trainer.
Ales acquired extensive experience in clinical psychotherapy and counselling work from within his private practice, as well as from his past engagements within the NHS (National Health Service). He used to practice at an NHS GP surgery, working as an individual and group therapist. He was also involved in secondary psychiatric setting as Honorary Psychotherapy Counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) NHS Foundation Trust—North Westminster Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).
Ales is also active in other professional engagements, as well as in furthering the development of psychotherapy and transactional analysis theory and practice. Currently he is focusing on:
- Impacts of developmental trauma (childhood trauma) on formation of identity, personality organisation and functioning, and engagements in adult relationships.
- Cultural and collective identity and its unconscious manifestations in relationships, societies, psychotherapy, and organisations.
Professional Qualifications & Advanced Clinical Training
- PhD candidate/student in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy – Middlesex University.
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) – PTSTA(P) – Awarded by European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA).
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) – CTA(P) – Awarded by European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA).
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling – The Berne Institute, Nottingham, UK.
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice – UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA).
Professional Experience (Ongoing)
- Psychotherapist (UKCP registered/accredited), supervisor, trainer – private psychotherapy and counselling practice, central London, UK (Marylebone W1G & Mayfair W1K).
- Clinical supervisor – Individual and group supervision for qualified and trainee psychotherapists.
- Trainer/tutor – exam year (final year of advanced clinical psychotherapy training), The Berne Institute, Nottingham, UK.
- Organisational consultant (culture, team dynamics, leadership) and relational process mediator
Professional Experience (Past)
- Member of the Training & Accreditation Standards Committee (TASC) at UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA).
- Psychotherapeutic counsellor – NHS (National Health Service), South West London (individual and group therapy).
- Honorary psychotherapeutic counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) – NHS Foundation Trust as part of North Westminster Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).